Label Cloud


Powered By:Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grand National Orchestra

In the description of the videos it says Grand National Orchestra, but I think this is the National Song and Dance Academic Ensemble.

Music by Jantsannorov, conducted by Baatarjav. I wonder what year this was shot, probably in the 90s, the Sukhbaatar square has its original look, with the mausoleum. On the 1:16 mark there are a couple of interesting instruments, does anyone know what they are?

Music by Sharav

Music by Choidog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The instruments on 1:16 shocked me, haha! So strange, never seen those.

The right one looks like a FAT Bassoon. But still very different. The long horn looks like a Ikh Buree combined with trumpet.

I ask myself if these are 'official' instruments or created from experiment. I dont think they are traditional Mongol :D Very interesting to see though.

Nice!!

mglmusic said...

Hehehe, I don't think , they are traditional either. Hybrid instruments.... weird....

Anonymous said...

1:16 i think it is a "bishgur".

mglmusic said...

Yeah, kinda looks like a giant bishguur merged with a trumpet or something